On Wednesday 24 May 2017, TOB-G was presented at the 2nd ENSP International Conference on Tobacco Control 2017, held in Athens, Greece. The round table, entitled “TOB-G & Tobacco Dependence Treatment in Special Populations” was coordinated by João Mauricio Castaldelli-Maia and Katie Kemper and included presentations by TOB-G researchers Sophia Papakdakis and Antigona Trofor, along with other leading international experts in tobacco dependence treatment:
TOB-G & Tobacco Dependence Treatment in Special Populations
- João Mauricio Castaldelli-Maia: Treatment of Tobacco Dependence for Mental Health and Addiction Patients
- Sofia Ravara: Treatment of tobacco dependence in high-quality cancer care
- Varduhi Hayrumya: Treating Tobacco Dependence in Myocardial Infarction Patients
- Maya Rodnay: Smoking cessation for pregnant women and their spouses: training the medical staff to create a supportive environment
- Sophia Papadakis: Tob-G – Treatment of Tobacco Dependence in Pregnancy (TOB-G)
- Antigona Trofor: Treatment of Tobacco Dependence in COPD
- Arusyak Harutyunyan: Tobacco and Tuberculosis: Two Global Epidemics
The conference was held on 24-26 May 2017 by the European Network for Smoking and Tobacco Prevention (ENSP). The conference welcomed more than 280 European and international speakers and participants, sharing their expertise and experience in tobacco control research, advocacy activities, obligations under the WHO FCTC and the EU TPD and much more.
See photos from the 24 May 2017 and the TOB-G session here.