This call is issued by ENSP, which intends to commission a contract for the provision of supporting services relevant to the organisation of a pilot implementation of smoking cessation guidelines for adolescents for the EU funded project with the title “Tobacco Cessation Guidelines for High Risk Groups” / “TOB-G”.
- Summary of the project and description of the objective of the tender
The TOB-G project is a 30 month project, funded by the 3rd EU health program, aiming to develop and implement an innovative and cost effective approach to prevent chronic diseases related to tobacco dependence. The specialized guidelines for high risks groups will be developed according to ENSP’s evidence based and good practices in tobacco cessation. High risk populations are considered those who suffer from cardiovascular diseases, COPD, type 2 diabetes, adolescents & pregnant women. The project is implemented in 4 EU countries by 5 partners.
The project fits perfectly the objectives and priorities of the 3rd Health Programme, as it will assist health professionals to provide guidance and targeted prevention to high risk populations engaged to the unfavourable lifestyle of smoking. Training primary care physicians addresses the lack of specialist doctors in EU and increases access to tobacco cessation specialists. TOB-G project will enhance the overall European capacity in the treatment of tobacco dependence, thus, in the prevention of chronic diseases, through offering smoking cessation tools, appropriately assessed and fitted to the specific needs of high risk groups.
The developed guidelines will contain strategies and quit smoking recommendations designed to assist health professionals in delivering and supporting effective treatment of dependence on tobacco. Recommendations will be made as a result of scientific reviews and evidence of good practices from scientific groups that will consist of health professionals of different expertise.
To monitor the quality of the approach a pilot implementation of the tobacco cessation will be conducting for each group. Since the tobacco cessation guidelines will be addressed to health professionals, the partnership will develop and implement an e-learning training for guidelines use.
As part of its activities, the TOB-G project has developed specialized tobacco cessation guidelines for adolescents. According to the Grant Agreement, the TOB-G project, a pilot implementation and assessment of these guidelines is foreseen to take place in a minimum of 50 adolescents in Greece. In this framework, the objective of the tender is to contract an organisation in order to support the pilot implementation of the tobacco cessation guidelines for adolescents in Greece.
- Description of tasks
The subcontractor is expected to support the pilot implementation of the tobacco cessation guidelines for adolescents in Greece. Specifically, the subcontractor is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Preparation of a list of health professionals in Greece (minimum 20), specialized in the field of addictions related to adolescents.
- Ensuring participation of the proposed health professionals in the specialised training on tobacco cessation guidelines for adolescents. The organisation of the training is not an obligation of the subcontractor, as well as the confirmation of the trainers, preparation of training material and training space provision. The trained health care professionals will fill in questionnaires (before and after the training and the pilot implementation) relevant to their, skills on tobacco cessation and their expectations from the TOB-G training and TOB-G guidelines. The questionnaires have been already developed by the ENSP and TOB-G partners.
- Identification of at least 50 adolescents in Greece for the implementation of the TOB-G methodology for tobacco cessation, in close cooperation and under the supervision of the TOB-G partner’s experts.
- Provision of space for the pilot implementation of the tobacco cessation guidelines in the selected adolescents (minimum 50).
- Support of the TOB-G experts in the implementation of the smoking cessation methodology and the assessment of the TOB-G tobacco cessation guidelines for adolescents.
Moreover, the subcontractor is obliged to participate in internal meetings with ENSP members and might be also asked to take part in meetings with the participation of the Project Coordinator or the TOB-G project experts, if required.
- Expertise and skills required for the service provider
- Expert knowledge on the fields of adolescents.
- Expert knowledge on the fields of addictions, health strategies and health policies at a European context.
- Research skills, including conducting interviews, questionnaires surveys and processing collected data into a synthesis report.
- Ability to work within specified deadlines and to respect budgetary limits.
- Ability to travel, in case needed for the purpose of the project.
- Time schedule and reporting
The contract’s duration shall be from the date of the signature of the relevant agreement to 30 October 2017.
The total maximum budget available for the fees of the subcontractor is 9.000 euro with all taxes, included in the aforementioned amount. The subcontractor will be remunerated in various instalments (advance and final payment). It should be noted that the subcontractor’s remuneration include the travel and subsistence costs incurred for attending project meetings.
- Selection criteria for the participation in the Tender
The competent candidate should have significant experience in the following domains:
- Experience in the field of addictions related to adolescents.
- Networking and connection with health professionals.
- Identification, access and engagement of adolescents in tobacco cessation pilot implementation activities.
The above criteria can be proven by the candidates’ profiles and/or cvs’ of key staff involved in his/her offer.
Moreover, the price should not exceed the amount stated above.
- Form, structure and content of the tender
Tenders must be written in English. They must be signed by the tenderer or his duly authorised representative and perfectly legible so that there can be no doubt as to words and figures. Tenders must be clear and concise and assembled in a coherent fashion. Since tenderers will be judged on the content of their written bids, they must make it clear that they are able to meet the requirements of the specifications.
All tenders must include the following information:
- Description of professional experience;
- Detailed curriculum vitae of key coordinator and/or possible other team members;
- Financial proposal with prices quoted in euros;
Prices must be fixed amounts and shall not include travel expenses and daily allowances for research activities and meeting attendance.
- Award Criteria
The contract will be awarded to the tenderer that has a combination of experience, best team capacity and the lowest price, taking into account the specific objectives, requirements and selection criteria of the tender. The principles of transparency and equal treatment will be respected with a view to avoiding any conflicts of interest.
- Submission of tenders
Offers must be delivered until 15/12/2016 to the offices of CMT Prooptiki which is the project coordinator of the project in Greece at the following address:
Spyrou Merkouri 38,
116 34 Athens Greece
For the attention of Mr. Tasos Mastroyiannakis
The envelope containing the tender must bear the caption
Call for Tenders
(Name and Address of Tenderer)
NOT TO BE OPENED BY THE MAIL SERVICE OR BY ANY UNAUTHORIZED PERSON
Cornel Radu Loghin
The Content of this Call for Tenders, represents the views of the author only and is his / her sole responsibility; it cannot be considered to reflect the views of the European Commission and / or the Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency or any other body of the European Union. The European Commission and the Agency do not accept any responsibility for use that may made of the information it contains.